Need Help Planning Your Estate?
schedule a FREE CALL
Dallas Estate Planning Attorneys
For large and small estates, for those who have drafted a plan themselves or not, decisions will be made about what is left behind. Many people make those decisions themselves and leave a will or trust for loved ones to follow. For others who do not create a personal, memorialized plan, the laws of Texas will make those decisions for you. Therefore, the real question becomes—does your estate plan accomplish your individual goals?
Whether an estate plan consists of a simple will or a complex combination of estate documents, it deals with the most important issues in your life—your health and your family. Our Dallas estate planning attorneys carefully attend to every unique need presented with each client’s life, family, and finances, and we devise a plan that is tailored to meet your wishes. Don’t let the fate of your estate be decided by default, contact us today to learn more about how you can protect your family’s future.
Estate Planning Goals
Many people don’t believe they need an estate plan, or they live under the assumption that their assets are not great enough to warrant a plan. Even more often, they simply trust their family members to do what is best for their goals when the time comes. Even a basic estate plan, however, can accomplish important goals, including:
- Respecting your final wishes. Regardless of the magnitude your estate, you’ve worked hard for what you will leave behind. You have the right to decide what happens to your real estate, money, and other assets.
- Clarity. An effective estate plan reduces questions about: who is to be in charge of your estate during incapacity and after death; who should receive particular assets; and who is authorized to make health-care decisions on your behalf.
- Preserving valuable time and resources. Estates left without any direction fall to the direction of the courts. Often, estates are tied up in legal red tape as an executor is named and then as the executor takes action. This process is often lengthy and costly. Certain estate planning techniques can reduce or eliminate excessive cost and delays.
- Maintaining family relationships. When the time comes to for your family to make decisions about your health care, finances, and distribution of assets, emotions will run high. It can be difficult to make these decisions, and it is not uncommon for family members to struggle to decide what is best. With specific instruction from you, your family can avoid confusion and uncertainty.
Whether you are certain or not if you need an estate plan or how to even begin to think about the future, don’t hesitate to reach out to us to get started. Our experienced Dallas lawyers can help you examine your unique circumstances and needs, and together we can craft a plan that will protect you and your loved ones.
Estate Planning Services
Do not fall into the trap of believing estate planning is only for the wealthy. Just about everyone with assets or children can benefit from estate planning.
Estate planning can determine what happens to your property, who is to care for your minor children, or what happens to you, your property, and your minor children if you become incapacitated.
Here are a few of the estate planning services we provide:
- wills and related documents,
- powers of attorney,
- medical plans,
- charitable giving,
- gift tax planning, and
- post- and pre-nuptial agreements.
We want to hear from you. Our experienced Dallas Probate and Estate Planning Attorneys help clients navigate the estate planning process.